DO Sagrada Familia, Curicó Valley.
The fruit comes from the vineyard "La Rosa" located in Sagrada Familia, Lontué Valley. The vineyards were planted in 1920. The character of these vines is clearly reflected in the wine within its aromas and texture sample. This vineyard is located in a small valley near the eastern slopes of the Cordillera de la Costa. Facing north, it is protected from the cool breezes from river Mataquito. The warmth allows full ripening of the fruit, developing elegant aromas and good structure accompanied by fine tannins.
Harvest by hand. Third week of April.
1. Clusters undergo a thorough manual selection.
2. They are then gently de-stemmed.
3. The fermentation takes place in stainless steel and developed for a period of 7-10 days at a controlled temperature between 26 ° and 28 ° C.
4. The fermenting must is traced on the layer of marc, three times a day.
5. The wine remains 7-14 days post-fermentation maceration
6. The wine was aged for 12 to 18 months in French oak barrels (100%). 35% new barrels.
Colour: Vibrant intense vibrant ruby red color with violet hues.
Aroma: Its intense aromas of forest fruits, fresh blackberries and blueberries are interwoven with features floral notes, integrating a perfect blend with hints of vanilla, coffee and chocolate.
Taste: Intense flavors attacks upon entering the palate, soft tannins accompany its structure. All the fruit weight is well balanced by fresh acidity brings feeling. The entire fruitiness is well complimented by its fresh acidity.
Guardian Aging Recommendation: To enjoy their concentration today or seven years to develop the elegance that only comes with age.
Recommended Service and Support
Lean red meats accompanied with slightly spicy sauces and vegetable stir fry on the grill. It goes very well with ostrich meat and pork. Serve at 18 °C.