D.O Casablanca Valley
100% Pinot Noir
One of the vineyards are located on the northern edge of Casablanca Valley, where the morning fog tend to disappear early. This area is warmer than the western area of the valley. The fruit obtained is remarkable character and soft fruit flavors. The other vineyard is located on the western edge of the Casablanca Valley. This sector is cooler due to its proximity to the ocean and the constant presence of morning fog. Fruit obtained in these conditions is rich in aromatic quality, natural acidity and structure.
Harvested by hand. Last week in March and the first week of April.
▪ Clusters undergo a thorough manual selection.
▪ They are then gently de-stemmed.
▪ The fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks and develops open for a period of 7-10 days at a controlled temperature between 28 ° and 30 ° C.
▪ During fermentation it takes place the traditional practice of "pigeage" or pisoneo in order to make a complete but careful extraction from the skins.
▪ The wine spends 21 days post-fermentation maceration.
▪ The wine was aged for 12 in French oak barrels 100%.
Bright red cherry. Aromas reminiscent of red fruits, cassis and black cherries. All seamlessly integrated with elegant notes from aging in barrels. Fresh, lively, round and balanced. Pleasant acidity and long finish.
The top screw cap keeps intact the characteristics of the wine. To enjoy your concentration now or wait four years to develop the elegance that only comes with age.
Serve with pasta, risottos, pink duck or quail meat preparations and fresh herbs like mint, basil and oregano. Serve at 16 ° C.